For the Love of Bullet

I was in pre school when a 350cc Dug Dug machine came home, I'm 23 and I'd be lying if I tell you I do not feel like that 3 year old kid every time I see a Bullet, with time slowing down, the heart beat getting more and more audible...
It is safe to say I was and am I love with a Bullet.
I've been mocked a number of times when I tell people my dream bike is a Bullet Restored to its past glory, hear me out before you draw them swords of technical capacity and the fact that I ride a DUKE 390.
I ride a Duke 390, it is my first bike and the only reason I picked it over a bullet is this
" I want to earn the RE rider batch, I want to have worked for x amount of time before I walk to the store and pay every last penny for the Bike in Cash and walk out with the first " Owned " thing in my life ". I guess it was dad that made a light hearted comment when I was 5 or 6, " you will become an adult the day you earn your self a BULLET.
I can write a passage about the technical aspect of a Bullet, the raw appeal etc etc but that is not what makes a BULLET special. The kids of 90's grew up in awe of the machine, that machine was the definition of being a rebel, of being more than just an ordinary human. I saw my dad and uncles with their aviator helmets and leather jackets and their RE'S and boy I wanted to be that when I grew up, so did a lot of humans my age.
Over the years the company lost its way made some shit machines that did not deserve to be in the same league as their predecessor's, after a lot of hue and cry in the biking sector R.E came back with The CLASSIC and the rest does not matter.
One ride of the Classic or the GT 535 or the Thunder Bird 500 and it is clear, DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN,
" MADE LIKE A GUN SHOOTS LIKE A BULLET ".
As a R.E fanatic I go crazy at the idea of being able to ride one of those machines and boy every bloody ride is such a bliss. My Duke is definitely throwing a major tantrum but the truth remains, you don't ride a bullet because it is Fast, or Loud or any of the other parameters used to judge bikes, you ride a BULLET simply because it is a Bullet, you ride it because you know what the THUMP feels like and you know that the THUMP is the most addictive thing on the planet.
_beerbiker_
( The 3 year old that never moved on )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HEINEKEN v/s KingFisher Ultra

Thunderbolt Premium Extra Strong BEER

CARLING Premium Strong